Effective date: 7th September 2022
with information regarding the processing of personal data collected from such persons (i.e. data subjects).
Persons provide their personal data:
- first name;
- last name;
- organizational affiliation;
on a voluntary basis (consent).
- Data Controller
Data controller is Inštitut za ekonomsko demokracijo, Žibertova 26A, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.
Data controller can be reached by sending an e-mail to: [email protected]
- Purposes of Processing of Personal Data & Legal Basis for Processing
Institute for economic democracy, as the data controller, may process the personal data following purposes:
- sending a newsletter to persons subscribing to the newsletter, whereas a person may opt-out from the subscription at any time (consent of the data subject);
- reply to inquiries sent by persons (consent of the data subject);
- scheduling meetings (consent of the data subject);
- sending persons information regarding products and services (consent of the data subject and legitimate interests of the data controller).
Personal data for the purpose of sending persons information regarding products and services may be processed based on the legitimate interests of the data controller. When launching or advertising any of its products or services or when sending information regarding existing products or services, promotions etc., Institute for economic democracy uses the contact and other information of persons, provided directly by the person as the data subject, for direct marketing purposes.
- Categories of Recipients
Recipients of personal data will be employees and (sub)contractors of Institute for economic democracy, which it uses for provision of certain data management and other services.
- Retention Period
Institute for economic democracy will process the personal data no longer than necessary in order to achieve the purposes of processing.
- Rights of Data Subject
Data subject has the following rights in relation to their personal information, if applicable:
- to request access to personal information and information related to Institute for economic democracy’s use and processing of data subject’s personal information;
- to request the correction or deletion of data subject’s personal information;
- to request that Institute for economic democracy restricts the use of data subject’s personal information, if technically viable;
- to receive personal information, which the data subject has provided to Institute for economic democracy in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (e.g. an Excel spreadsheet) and the right to have that personal information transferred to another data controller (including a third party data controller), if applicable;
- to object to the processing of data subject’s personal information;
- to withdraw data subject’s consent for Institute for economic democracy’s use of data subject’s personal information at any time where Institute for economic democracy relies on data subject’s consent to use or process that personal information. If the data subject withdraws consent, this will not affect the lawfulness of use and processing of data subject’s personal information on the basis of consent before the point in time when the consent was withdrawn.
Data subject can exercise the rights by writing to the e-mail address written above.
Data subject has the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in case of a suspected misuse of personal data.